The Kitchen Manager's role is to provide uncompromised excellence at all times, making the Guest the heart and passion of all they do. This includes ensuring uncompromised excellence of smoker, prep, line execution and quality while maximizing profitability by ensuring quality training, coaching and follow-through with employees and the Kitchen Management team. The Kitchen Manager is accountable for cost control, analyzing reports and feedback regarding food standards, costs, systems, cleanliness, organization, Employee engagement and Guest experience and creating action plans to improve overall operations and results.
• Strong understanding of all Kitchen (expo, prep and line quality identifiers and standards) and Dining Room systems and operations (To Go, Host, Bar, and service standards); must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant.
• Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for Kitchen Managers and all Employees including training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for development of Kitchen Managers.
• Responsible for establishing and appropriately communicating goals to General Manager & Local Owner on a regular basis.
• Communicates effectively with the Management Team and staff.
• Effectively maintains the restaurant’s facility, both exterior and interior, to standards (clean, neat, and organized) and
ensures sufficient supply levels of tools available for both FOH and BOH Team Members to execute their responsibilities.
• Oversees BOH department schedules, effectively maintaining labor goals and Guest satisfaction. The schedule should be planned
using forecasted sales and labor budget, while taking Employee availabilities, requests and vacations into consideration.
• Oversees the posting of department schedules in a timely manner. Ensures adequate advance notice is provided when posting
• Oversees department inventory procedures and is able to coach and develop their Kitchen management to complete weekly
inventory in their area of responsibility.
• Communicates effectively with vendors.
• Effectively manages BOH department budgets including forecasting.
• Interviews and assists in the hiring of all departments to maintain appropriate staffing par levels.
• Effectively manages the Kitchen Management team to ensure that all BOH areas of responsibility including; Ordering and Par
management, recipe adherence, cleanliness and sanitation, kitchen and storage organization, and employee kitchen knowledge is accomplished by coaching throughout and after the shift.