We are looking for a Chef to manage the day-to-day operations of an on and off-premise catering kitchen. This is a highly customized catering company looking for a chef who demonstrates creativity and loves coming up with new ideas. They are currently located in the West Loop but will be moving to the Winnetka area and adding a café to the operations.
Oversee all culinary activities, including the preparation and cooking of menus; planning and pricing menu items; ordering supplies; supervising kitchen staff.
• Food and supplies ordering
• Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes or menus
• Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
• Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on ingredients, labor, and overhead costs.
• Recruit and hire staff, such as cooks and other kitchen workers.
Candidates must have 4 years or more experience managing a kitchen. Off site catering experience is required.
• Education: A culinary degree or equivalent experience and/or training.
• Experience: Recipe development, product sourcing, quality assurance, cost control, scaling, and production
• Experience: Budget management, in particular optimizing food and labor costs with strong track record of improving bottom line growth.
• Excited about organization and details.
• Proactive problem solver who constantly strives for increased efficiency and better processes.
• A leader who embraces working together with others to achieve a shared goal.
• Comfortable using Microsoft Word and Excel.