The Chef de Cuisine is responsible and accountable for all Heart-of-House restaurant activities and assumes complete responsibility to ensure activities are consistent with and supportive of the restaurant’s mission and core menu standards; while maintaining the highest standards for food preparation and cleanliness, in accordance with local health codes.
• Oversee Daily operations of this high-volume, from scratch kitchen.
• Ensure the highest level of food quality and consistency of core menu
• Create specials and menu items as needed and directed
• Demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Hire, retain, coach, and develop all kitchen positions and staff to support higher level operations
• Eager and knowledgeable, current sous chef looking for the right growth opportunity
• Culinary degree preferred but not required
• Extensive culinary skills and systems-oriented with experience in a high-volume scratch cook kitchen and spec recipe management and adherence
• Computer literacy is a must
• Must be organized and self-motivated towards success
• Minimum of 2-3 Years of experience in a Scratch Concept with volume of $7-8MM +
• Sanitation certification; ability to ensure highest standards of hygiene, cleanliness, safety, and sanitation throughout the entire restaurant
• Serve Safe manager certification
• Ability to work with General Managers/ Executive team on action plans to improve systems and financial controls (food costs, labor costs, and variance ordering)
• Experience with French cuisine and culture is REQUIRED
• Must be available nights and weekends/ this is a work until the job is done position
• Must demonstrate the ability to remain consistent and decisive under pressure
• Fluency in French is preferred