This unique and trendy DMC sets the standard for their competition, so they're also very selective when hiring new members to join their award winning team. Teamwork, accountability, and a highly positive attitude are must-haves. Work-life balance guaranteed!
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Event Manager participates with an active voice by bringing passion and creative ideas to every conversation. This individual oversees the execution of program management by developing a strong working rapport with clients and vendors to fulfill the program requirements with a high level of service. The Event Manager plans and manages the seamless execution of contracted programs to include design, production, transportation, tours, meetings, leisure activities, off-site venues, entertainment, and VIP services for corporate clients.
• Coordinate with the client to organize all aspects of the programs assigned to you by the Director of Operations such as tours & team builders, group transportation, airport arrivals and departures, décor events, entertainment and/or other contractual items
• Coordinate, negotiate and confirm arrangements and contracts with suppliers for program accounts
• Conduct or participate in client site inspections as needed
• Utilize existing systems & procedures in producing contractual scopes of work, including program resumes, manifests, staffing spreadsheets, etc...
• Plan and execute all onsite logistics
• Manage and supervise event staff prior to and during assigned programs
• Assist with program research and writing when requested
• Work evenings and weekends as required by individual accounts in addition to being available to clients on 24 hours basis during assigned programs
• Execute account schedules, contracts, deposit invoices and final billing
• Responsible for collecting deposit funds from assigned accounts
• Maintain and adhere to program budgets within the designated profit margin set by the Sales Executive
• Coordinate with the Accounting Department to secure proper payment for contracted vendors and independent contractors
• Reconcile all programs utilizing the Final Billing process
If you are a self-starter, efficient, creative, deadline-oriented, comfortable working independently and collaboratively we want to hear from you!
Bachelors degree preferred
Minimum of 3 years of hospitality work experience with at least 1 year with a DMC or in a hotel convention services role required
Demonstrated ability to manage a budget
Ability to work some evenings and weekends based on client needs
Must be a self-starter and possess a positive work ethic
Strong writing and interpersonal skills
Must be comfortable working in a highly creative and collaborative environment
Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook