The luxury division of one of the fastest-growing hospitality companies in the United States is seeking an Executive Chef for a restaurant concept in Midtown, Manhattan. Featuring a bistro-inspired menu with seasonal, locally-sourced ingredients in a captivating ambiance with genuine hospitality, this special opportunity exists for a culinary leader that is looking for a great professional stage to showcase his/her talent. This group offers an exciting challenge, public-relations support, employment stability, and an outstanding benefits package for a talented & highly motivated culinary professional who has an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and innovation they stand for.
• A Bachelors or Associate leve degree in culinary, business or hospitality management is preferred. Eight or more years of industry and culinary management experience will also be considered.
• Artistic ability to make dishes appealing to the eye.
• Excellent communication skills, customer service and team-oriented, self-starter, and professional maturity.
• Strong organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills and exhibit composure and professionalism while under pressure.
• Sufficient experience and ability to establish a budget and operate within a budget when ordering ingredients, calculating recipes, and determining portion size.
• Proficient with food controls and labor cost, menu development, menu pricing and development of kitchen team required.
• Must hold a valid NYC food handlers certification.
• Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors.