We are looking for an Executive Chef or Corporate Chef for a multi-concept restaurant group in Dallas!
The Executive Chef is responsible for comprehensive management of all Kitchen Operations at restaurant location. Accountable for ensuring that all elements of kitchen functionality are in place and performing at acceptable levels. May play an active role in the future development and management of new restaurant locations as growth dictates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare or direct preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
* Determine amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
* Ensure availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
* Set line/steam table; serve or ensure proper serving of food for dining room.
- Plan food production to coordinate with peak hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food is preserved.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards. Observe proper food preparation and
- Ensure proper and safe food storage, marking date and item.
- Ensure completion of daily production records.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Ensure kitchen sanitation at all times; clean and maintain equipment and areas
used in food preparation.
- Complete food temperature checks before service and throughout day.
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
* Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/ safety/disaster plans, risk management, and
security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- Supports and participates in common teamwork:
* Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including
* Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and
other work duties as assigned.
- Maintain Food Cost under 25% of Gross Sales, Kitchen Labor under 8% of Gross Sales. Emphasize efforts to minimize expenses on
China, Glassware, and Silver.
- Work with Corporate team on the execution of new menus. Includes costing out
new items as well as creative input and execution.
-Qualified candidates will have 5 or more years of recent restaurant leadership experience in a high volume, creative setting.
-Must be comfortable pushing culinary boundaries and find excitement in tackling challenges.
-Hands-on upscale culinary experience is required in addition to strong business administration skills including hiring, scheduling, food cost management, inventory, and ordering.
-Candidates should also have experience with logistics planning and catering distribution to off-premise locations.
-Candidates must be able to successfully undertake a mentoring and coaching role to support the development of all members of the kitchen team.
-Strong decision-making and ability to proactively make changes as needed.
-Culinary degree will be looked upon favorably.