We are looking to hire an Executive Chef for an assisted living community located outside of Asheville, NC. The ideal candidate is a creative, caring, knowledgeable chef with a passion for food and a commitment to Excellence! We are looking for a Chef to create memorable meals for the residence ranging from daily meals to designed themed dinners! The Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing the preparation, cooking, serving of food and meals in the facility.
• Provide a high level of dining customer service and promote a restaurant-style dining atmosphere.
• Work closely with the Executive Director to keep residents “happy-happy” with Food and Dining programs.
• Assist with the preparation and execution of the Excellence in Dining program daily.
• Responsible for the hiring, training, supervision of cooks, and servers.
• Ensures that all food is received, stored, and prepared according to Company standards.
• Estimate daily or weekly needs of food and supplies and order accordingly.
• Participate in teaching and cooking meals according to established recipes and approved menus.
• Oversee documentation of all food storage and food service temperature logs, and ensure that all sanitation rules per company policies and Health Department are adhered to.
• Maintains Excellence in Dining Standards and Residents Satisfaction.
• Create, lead, and assist with the preparation and execution of special events, banquets, and theme meals.
• Understand, maintains, and use company systems for food and labor budgets.
• Proficient in computer usage with the following programs: Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Able to read and follow recipes and printed production guides, cleaning schedules, and logs.
• Diploma from accredited Culinary Institution or School, or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent cooking and managerial skills.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an Executive Chef in upscale Restaurant, Country Club, or Upscale Health Care dining services.
• Serve-Safe licensed, Level two sanitation certified.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years