This upscale restaurant invites guests to explore rare and unique Asian dining options including traditional sashimi and sushi, innovative Japanese specialties and wood-fired robata-style dishes from the Kitchen’s Binchotan grills. The Executive Sushi Chef will lead the innovative culinary program and be spotlighted as the face of the restaurant while upholding standards and motivate the team to do their best every day. She/He will get your hands on the highest quality seafood and produce available. This challenging opportunity is well suited for an Asian-cuisine specialty Executive Chef who is looking for a stage to perform his or her art. The Executive Sushi Chef must be passionate about supporting local farmers and fishermen and proudly showcase their bounty throughout the menu.
This position offers a base salary (DOE), benefits, competitive paid time off, 401k and other valuable perks such as a cell phone allowance.
• Must be reliable, organized and used to fast-paced Washington DC restaurant volume as an Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine, or equivalent restaurant culinary leader. You must have the ability to keep your cool under pressure and turn out consistency with each and every order.
• Proficiency in basic kitchen administration such scheduling, inventory, ordering, monitoring wastage and cost of goods.
• Understanding and knowledge of kitchen safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
• Ability to handle emergency situations and provide solutions quickly and effectively.
• Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to exercise good judgment and decision-making abilities.
• Must be able to supervise multiple levels of culinary workers.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and restaurant employees.