This industry-leading dessert brand has made a name for itself by providing innovative products for top restaurants and hospitality groups nationwide. Due to its product popularity, we’re seeking a Pastry Chef for an upcoming branded opening in Lower Manhattan. The role will start at the store level and grow from there, providing endless opportunities to think creatively and innovate products. For any talented pastry chef, this is the chance to build a brand and make a name in the food industry. It is very rare to be given creative autonomy in an environment as nurturing as the one our client has fostered. If you are a talented pastry professional with a knack for innovation and a strong food industry business acumen, we’d love to meet you!
What You'll Mainly Do:
• Become proficient with the existing menu, create an operations plan, continuously improve the menu, innovate new “creations” and new products, and act as opening chef of new branded retail locations in NYC.
• Lead flavor and product development: this person will be responsible for leading development on seasonal products working closely with our foodservice sales team and marketing department. This person will also be responsible for all research and development related to new and exciting dessert-based offerings.
• Work with the operations department to reduce costs while maintaining quality standards. For example, we might ask this person to test alternative flour providers to find a better partner.
• Upbeat energy and supremely high standards.
• Enthusiasm for new-age desserts with a thorough understanding of the current landscape.
• Contemporary Pastry Style: Must know how to create on-trend desserts that are approachable, popular and delicious.
• Experience with P&L and inventory.
• Experience hiring and training staff and NYC/State/Federal labor and HR compliance standards.
• Above average knowledge of ice cream.
• Must work well in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.