This luxury lifestyle division of one of the fastest growing hospitality companies in the United States is seeking an Executive Chef for a new restaurant concept in downtown Minneapolis. Featuring an Italian-inspired menu with locally-sourced ingredients in a captivating ambiance with genuine hospitality, this special opportunity exists for a culinary leader that is looking for a great professional stage to showcase his/her talent. This group offers an exciting challenge, public-relations support, employment stability, and an outstanding benefits package for a talented & highly motivated culinary professional who has an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and innovation they stand for.
Well-qualified chefs from markets outside of Minneapolis are encouraged to apply. Relocation assistant is available.
• Bachelor's degree in culinary, business or hospitality management is preferred.
• Related culinary degree with eight or more years of industry and culinary management experience will also be considered.
• Certification from a national culinary organization.
• Artistic ability to make his or her dishes appealing to the eye.
• Excellent communication skills, customer service and team oriented, self-starter, and professional maturity
• Strong organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills and exhibit composure and professionalism while under pressure
• Sufficient experience and ability to establish a budget and operate within a budget when ordering ingredients, calculating recipes, and determining portion size.
• Proficient with food controls and labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development, menu pricing and development of culinary team required.
• Premise and liability accountability and contract-managed service experience are desirable.
• Must hold a valid food handlers certification.
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
• Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors.