This dynamic entertainment venue is seeking a task and detail-oriented General Manager to oversee daily operations of a property in Los Angeles, California. The General Manager is responsible for creating a profitable, safe and fun entertainment environment. In addition to overseeing the day-to-day operational aspects of the venue, the General Manager communicates with his/her direct report (VP) frequently, regarding projects, management, staff, events, and revenue. An ambitious, hands-on hopsitality leader with a knack for bringing out the best in people, will find success here.
• 5 years of recent hospitality and event venue management experience. Candidates coming directly from full-service restaurants, food service, and hospitality leadership roles such as Assistant General Manager, Operations Manager, or General Manager preferred.
• Knowledge of budget preparation, event management, sales, labor, and cost controls.
• Proven success in building and leading strong teams through great hiring, training, and employee development practices.
• Above average mathematical skills and strong computer/point of sale/technology proficiency.
Ability to understand an income statement (P & L) and leadership ability to lead discussions and take action based on the numbers
• Must be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
• A sound foundation of knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to the State of California and Federal human resources and labor compliance.