The Head Chef oversees and coordinates the planning, organization, training, and leadership of all BOH operations at the restaurant. The Head Chef will ensure employees are performing their job responsibilities and manage food and labor costs for the BOH. This person supports the team concerning strategy, policies, service, staff, and food. The Head Chef must be a motivated and confident industry professional with the ability to manage and inspire their team, have a solid understanding of restaurant operations, and have the ability to bring creative solutions to the table. The Head Chef will help maintain an exciting, inviting, and progressive restaurant environment and must be passionate about their philosophy that ingredients should be consciously sourced to ensure the highest quality results.
* Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability, and outgoing nature.
* Exceptional communication skills.
* Able to handle the pressure of coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in a supervisory position for a full-service, high volume, urban casual dining restaurant or other food and beverage establishment with a similar capacity, clientele, and fresh food approach.
* Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as needed.