This growing management company with properties across a broad range of hospitality concepts is seeking a General Manager for a branded hotel in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. The Hotel General Manager is responsible for effectively leading and managing all aspects of the hotel and for delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives focused on exceeding guest expectations, driving sales and profitability, and ensuring that brand standards are met.
Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or similar concentration or equivalent work experience.
• 5 years of recent Hotel General Manager experience.
• Computer proficiency.
• Knowledge of budget preparation and cost controls.
• Strong mathematical skills.
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy under pressure of tense/confrontational situations.
• Education on and uphold hotel’s standards, policies and procedures with hotel staff.
• Must be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.