The Kitchen Manager’s role is to provide uncompromised excellence at all times, making the Guest and the Bar-B-Q the heart and passion of all they do. This includes ensuring consistent execution of all FOH and BOH systems and profitability by providing and ensuring quality training, coaching, and follow-through. The Kitchen Manager is accountable for food standards, systems, cleanliness, organization, Employee engagement and the Guest experience.
• Knowledge of all Kitchen (expo, smoker, prep, line quality identifiers and standards), and Dining Room systems and operations (To Go, Host, Bar, and service standards); must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant.
• Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for Kitchen Managers and all employees including training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for development of BOH Shift Leaders.
• Responsible for establishing and appropriately communicating goals to the Chef and General Manager on a regular basis.
• Communicates effectively with the Management Team and staff.
• Effectively maintains the restaurant’s facility, both exterior and interior, to Jim ‘N Nick’s standards (clean, neat, and organized) and
ensures sufficient supply levels of tools available for both FOH and BOH Team Members to execute their responsibilities.
• Writes BOH department schedules, effectively maintaining labor goals and Guest satisfaction. The schedule should be planned using
forecasted sales and labor budget, while taking Employee availabilities, requests and vacations into consideration.
• Responsible for posting department schedules in a timely manner. Ensures adequate advance notice is provided when posting
• Knowledge of inventory procedures and is able to complete weekly inventory in their area of responsibility.
• Communicates effectively with vendors.
• Effectively manages BOH department budgets including forecasting.
• Interviews and assists in the hiring of all departments to maintain appropriate staffing par levels.
• Effectively maintains and area of responsibility in the restaurant that includes Smoker, Prep, Line execution to include recipe
adherence, cleanliness and sanitation, kitchen and storage organization, and employee kitchen knowledge is accomplished by coaching throughout and after the shift.