The Maître ‘d’s role is to provide uncompromised excellence at all times, making the Guest and the Bar-B-Q the heart and passion of all they do. This includes ensuring consistent execution of all FOH and BOH systems and profitability by providing and ensuring quality training, coaching, and follow-through with employees and the Dining Room Service Management team. The Maître ‘d is accountable for analyzing reports and feedback regarding service standards, costs, per person average (PPA), systems, cleanliness, organization, Employee engagement, and Guest experience and creating action plans to improve overall operations and results.
Knowledge of all Dining Room systems and operations (To Go, Host, Bar, and service standards) and Kitchen (expo, smoker, prep line quality identifiers, and standards); must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant.
• Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for Dining Room Service Managers and all Employees including training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for development of Dining Room Service Managers.
• Responsible for establishing and appropriately communicating goals to General Manager & Local Owner on a regular basis.
• Communicates effectively with the Management Team and staff.
• Effectively maintains the restaurant’s facility, both exterior and interior, to Jim ‘N Nick’s standards (clean, neat, and organized) and
ensures sufficient supply levels of tools available for both FOH and BOH Team Members to execute their responsibilities.
• Oversees FOH department schedules, effectively maintaining labor goals and Guest satisfaction. The schedule should be planned
using forecasted sales and labor budget while taking Employee availabilities, requests and vacations into consideration.
• Oversees the posting of department schedules in a timely manner. Ensures adequate advance notice is provided when posting
• Oversees department inventory procedures and is able to coach and develop their Dining Room Service management to complete
weekly inventory in their area of responsibility.
• Communicates effectively with vendors.
• Effectively manages FOH department budgets including forecasting.
• Interviews and assists in the hiring of all departments to maintain appropriate staffing par levels.
• Effectively manages the Dining Room Service Management team to ensure that all FOH areas of responsibility including; Guest
experience, Bar, Hospitality, and To-Go to include service standards, sales focus, employee food, and beverage knowledge by coaching throughout and after the shift.