This unique and trendy DMC sets the standard for their competition, so they're also very selective when hiring new members to join their award winning team. Teamwork, accountability, and a highly positive attitude are must-haves. Work-life balance guaranteed!
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Meeting and Event Manager directly manages client projects that include hotel site selection, registration design/management, rooming list management, menu planning, conference logistical planning, air travel, A/V planning, speaker management, and overall meeting management.
• College education and a minimum of 7 years of work experience in the hospitality industry
• Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) required; Certified Meeting Management (CMM) is advantageous
• Must be efficient, organized, deadline oriented and driven with the ability to multi-task
• Must operate with a sense of urgency and drive project timelines to completion for both external clients and internal project team members
• Must be a self-starter and possess a positive work ethic for a fast-paced and growing company
• Prior hotel site selection and contract negotiation for clients (not as a hotel sales representative) is REQUIRED
• Travel is required (some is International) – approximately 20%
• Experience creating and managing a budget