The responsibilities of our Sous Chef are to ensure the highest quality food, service, and standards to help create an exceptional guest experience. The Sous Chef will assist the Executive Chef in leading all aspects of BOH operations. Assistance in preparation and overall maintenance of quality standards. Help with the training of employees in proper menu knowledge, methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion control, sanitation, and cleanliness. Also, assist in scheduling adequately to facilitate appropriate staffing while maintaining standard labor costs. You will help create a fun, motivating work environment for all employees.
• Requires two-plus years of increasingly responsible culinary restaurant management experience.
• A college degree is preferred. Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management or culinary completion is highly desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
• Innate desire to provide the very best guest experience every time.
• The mentality of a leader with a willingness to learn and grow.
• Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).