We are looking for an Executive Chef for a new French Inspired restaurant in Sandy Springs. The Restaurant includes a 75-seat dining room and a large, glass-enclosed indoor patio opening to a terrace overlooking the park and there is live music nightly.
We need an established and self-driven Executive Chef with a focus on delivering operational excellence in a luxury environment. This individual has oversight of people development, purchasing, inventory, food production, food and labor costs, cleanliness and sanitation, and the overall day to day operations for the back of the house. The Executive Chef is also responsible for fostering a positive and professional work culture while ensuring that company policies and standards are maintained.
• Bachelor's degree in culinary, business or hospitality management is preferred.
• Artistic ability to make his or her dishes appealing to the eye.
• New restaurant (kitchen) opening experience including menu creation, costing, vendor sourcing, culinary administration, hiring, and training is preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of high volume culinary leadership experience in a restaurant with 200+ seats.
• Excellent communication skills, customer service and team oriented, self-starter, and professional maturity
• Strong organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills and exhibit composure and professionalism while under pressure
• Sufficient experience and ability to establish a budget and operate within a budget when ordering ingredients, calculating recipes, and determining portion size.
• Proficient with food controls and labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development, menu pricing and development of culinary team required.
• Premise and liability accountability and contract-managed service experience are desirable.
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
• Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors.