We are working with one of Charlotte's most respected restaurant groups to find a Sous Chef for its chef-driven, scratch restaurants that specializes in regional Southern cooking. This group prides itself on using high-quality products. They are active in supporting the community with various non-profit activities. While Covid-19 has been hard on many restaurants, this group is strong and continues to make adjustments to better serve their loyal following and the community. Ideal candidates will have strong tenure and a passion for their craft.
The Sous Chef will assist the Executive Chef in managing a team of culinary employees to provide a polished, casual dining experience for patrons. Ensure that all food products produced and served to adhere to the company standards of quality and are within established food and labor cost parameters.
• Meet with Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
• Assist Executive Chef by controlling food and labor cost and establishing goals and objectives that focus on profit, product, and people
• Assist Executive Chef by controlling of purchasing, receiving, purveyor lists and inventory of all kitchen item
• Assist Executive Chef, master cooks, cooks, and helpers wherever required to ensure optimum service to guests
• Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in the designated areas
• Ensure all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy
• Produce production list to ensure efficient execution of service
• Maintain an exceptional menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation
• Prepare both hot and cold items and demonstrate a variety of cooking technique
#Ready to Hire
For CONFIDENTIAL and IMMEDIATE consideration, please apply through the button below, or email your resume directly to Richard Haake at firstname.lastname@example.org